Organized Charm: Room-By-Room Home Organization/Staging

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Room-By-Room Home Organization/Staging


In the grand scheme of Januarys, this one has actually been pretty pleasant. I actually have my windows open right now and there isn't a cloud in the sky! And even though I KNOW that it will inevitably get cold and gloomy and rainy again soon... I am choosing to completely ignore that reality and starting to focus on spring cleaning! There is just something about the spring... you know? It just makes me want to get rid of every ounce of junk that piled up over the winter and create the most zen-tastic living space ever! You, too? YAY! 

Last spring, we had our house for sale and it seemed like every weekend was a balancing act between completing schoolwork and prepping the house to be inspected ravaged viewed by potential buyers. Living in a house that's for sale is stressful. Like, super stressful. Like, stressful enough that I only want us to rent until we find the house that will be our "forever home". However, even though I love to be dramatic and talk about how annoying it is to have strangers in your house every weekend... there was also something pretty cool that I took away from the experience: Home Staging. 

I am all about it now! The declutterization. The warm and cozy feeling. The shiny counters and amazing-smelling kitchen! And just because we're renting a loft now, doesn't mean that we aren't still implementing all those super-cool tricks that we learned! As far as I'm concerned, staging is pretty much like creating the most ultimately-organized and welcoming home ever. My attention was recently drawn to this infographic (found on moshells.com) and it easily outlines the basics of staging and how to do it without spending a ton of money! 

If you have your windows open and are looking for something to organize today (like I am), then this is a pretty perfect guide to follow as well! 














So, let's go ahead and get a head start on spring organization this weekend! :) 

Do you get excited to clean out your home as soon as it gets warm outside? Could you use any of these rules for organizing? Or do you already? OR do you have any to add?! 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...