Organized Charm: 5 Blogging Basics

Saturday, September 13, 2014

5 Blogging Basics


So, this semester has finally balanced out and I am back into a normal routine. (I kind of lost my bearings there, for a minute!) Which means that I am finally getting back into the routine of writing… which means that I am finally getting around to writing y’all’s requested posts

…which means that we’re all happy! YAY!

I am starting with this one since it’s the most common request I’ve received lately. Many of you have been asking for blogging advice and, while I’m certainly no expert, I will share the 5 biggest things that have been helpful for me! 

Let’s get right to it!



1: Be Consistent
I try not to have one post about a closet that I organized and then another about a meal that I cooked and then another about my recent vacation and then another about how I blow out my hair. The more consistent you are (1-3 topics), the easier it will be for people to know what to expect!

This is why it’s SO important to pick what you are most interested in writing about!



2: Be Helpful
This is a super important one! People want to read things that will benefit them! So, if you’re looking for readers, you need to provide them with something. When do your friends seek your advice? Fashion? Decorating? Cooking? Photography? Makeup? Making people laugh?

If your friends notice that it’s a strength of yours, then so will your readers!



3: Be Interactive
This is another thing that’s important. (Even though I’m falling behind right now) I always, always try to reply to every comment, e-mail, Facebook post, tweet... even if it’s just to say, “Thank you”. I think it’s a polite thing to do, respectful to readers, and awesome getting to know new people!

Treat your readers like your BFF!



4: Be Positive
  Very, very important: be NICE. No one wants to read a blog written by Negative Nancy (Annie Anxiety maybe, but not Negative Nancy)! So while you’re writing, just try to keep it as positive as possible! If you need to “vent” about something, write it out somewhere private then let it gooo...

Use your blog to contribute positivity to this world!



5: Promote. Promote. Promote.
I cannot stress the importance of this one enough. PROMOTE YOUR OWN WORK! Sure, it would be totally awesome if you could write a couple of posts and become College Prepster or Sarah Belle. But the (blogging) world just doesn’t work like that. Share your own work all over social media!

People can only read your blog if they know about it! 

-

These are the things that I’ve found helpful in my own writing! But different things work for different people! The biggest part of blogging is that it should be something that you look forward to. If you’re interested in writing about something, then just write about it

As long as YOU are happy with what you’re doing, that’s the only thing that really matters! :) 

-

If you have a blog, what advice to you have to add to this? 
If you’re starting up a blog, what has been your biggest challenge? 
Do you have any other questions on this topic?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...