Organized Charm: Summer Vignettes

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summer Vignettes



Y’all. This summer, seriously. It’s been one of the best/craziest/most roller-coaster-y seasons of my entire life. I have learned a lot (and I mean A LOT) of things and had to deal with some stuff that I’ve never dealt with before (aka, free time. eek!). I was basically forced to just slow down and enjoy the summer for what it is: “a place where laziness finds respectability” {-Sam Keen}. 

So, is there good news? Absolutely! All of my free time gave me a TON of time to work on some organization projects, research some new topics, and have some new experiences and I am so, SO excited to share those with y’all in the upcoming weeks! Oh, and more good news? I am planning on posting more consistently and frequently this school year! Which seems perfect because I have received an amazing amount of comments/e-mails from many of you saying that this will be your first year of college! I think that sounds like it’s working out perfectly, right?!

So, if you’re wondering what my calendar-less, full-time-job-less, summer-semester-less June & July looked like, here they are! The good, the better, and the unplanned!



On Organized Charm…

So, OC took a little summer hiatus along with me. Having no structure to my days meant having a challenging time doing things like writing and doing laundry and keeping my sanity on a regular basis. However, I did manage to get a few posts together! And here they are:







-


Aaaaand… Bloglovin’ sends me an e-mail every time that we reach a hundred-mark number of followers. On July 1, it sent me this e-mail, which I immediately squealed about and screen-shotted so that I could share it with y’all in July's Vignettes post! But guess what? 18 days later, it sent me another e-mail saying that there are now 400 of you awesomely amazing followers! So I just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Because I love you. And that is all. 




In My “Real Life”…


This summer has been all about sitting back, relaxing, enjoying free time. And what I realized about myself is that I am not a “free time” type of girl. I’m just not. My summers usually consist of me taking an intense and abbreviated summer course, working in my school’s summer camp, and teaching Sunday School. This year, I didn’t do any of those things and it nearly killed me I didn’t die. 
I just like to be busy, okay? 


-


Because going 2 months without working at all would be the most brutal thing I could imagine, I did work part-time in a brand new restaurant here in Memphis, Strano! I initially applied because we are friends with the manager… but now I can honestly say that I am friends with everyone who works there because they are all 100% amazing people!  


-


I spent a LOT of time trying to get our new home in order. In our old house, we had a home for everything, a system for everything, and everything served a purpose. So, I spent the summer really trying to recreate that as quickly as possible in our loft. My poor husband came home almost e


-


Our 4th of July was absolutely perfect. We walked across the street and watched the downtown fireworks from our friends’ rooftop. And any night filled with champagne and sparklers is a definite success as far as I’m concerned! 


-


If there were one thing in this summer of leisure to have an anxiety attack over (aside from the leisure itself, of course), it would be the Certification Exam that I took last Thursday. This is a brand new exam. So new, in fact, that there is NO STUDY GUIDE! Queue every form of panic attack possible. I just scoured my textbook, made flash cards, and reviewed the information the best that I could. I get my results back on August 10th, so that may or may not be a good day for those around me. 


-


Aside from those things, we really just spent the summer enjoying everything that there is to enjoy in Memphis! Weddings, rooftop parties, brunches, dinners, happy hours, movies, fireworks, parks… you know, all the things that other adults are out doing while I’m usually studying. So, it’s been very nice and I am super, super grateful that I had this time to slow down and just enjoy life! :) 


-


Most of all I learned that, no matter how much time you spend planning or how prepared you try to be, sometimes you just need to step back and believe that everything will work out the way it’s supposed to. Because it will. 


-


Oh, and I am just so thrilled to announce that I’M BACK! :)

How was your summer? Did you have any big/tough transitions to get through? 
If so, how did you handle it and what are you looking forward to this fall?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...